At the heart of the North Dorset Teaching School Alliance is the desire to work collaboratively and in partnership with others, ensuring that we are outward facing for the benefit of all our children and staff.
As a result, our aims are:
1. To provide the very best in School-led initial teacher training through the School Direct pathway.
- To continue our work with outstanding HEI / ITE providers to support our trainees: for secondary School Direct this will continue to be through MSCITT; for primary School Direct we will commence our relationship with Bath Spa.
- To provide outstanding placements within our alliance schools, enabling our trainees to have diverse teaching experiences as they train.
- To support our alliance with the recruitment and retention of high quality trainees and NQTs.
- To develop teachers for the future who are flexible, reflective, adaptable and resilient.
2. To support and evolve Continuing Professional Development in and across all of our Alliance schools.
- To generate and develop a programme of evidence based CPD that will meet the individual and specific needs of our schools. We have established working groups to support our alliance across all: aspects, subjects, years, class of teacher, leaders, governors. We will reflect upon and evaluate our CPD provision to ensure it meets both need and can evolve for the future.
- To provide leadership development through the delivery of NPQ courses and enable succession planning across our schools.
- To enable and support schools in creating a culture of Research and Development, thus enabling evidence based CPD and work on school improvement.
3. To employ School to School Support to provide bespoke, superior fulcra for both our Alliance and the schools in our wider area.
We will be designating and deploying LLEs and SLEs at both primary and secondary level.
To broker support that meets individual need, is timely and impactful.
4. To be reflective and continually develop our offer in light of feedback. To be accountable for our services and ensure they are of consistent high quality.
We work closely with schools across Dorset and Somerset. We are also members of the South West Academies Group, the Jubilee Group, the Princes’ Teaching Institute, PiXL, the North Dorset Partnership, Sherborne independent schools and the JCTSA.