How to apply & entry requirements
WE ARE NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS TO TRAIN TO TEACH SECONDARY AND PRIMARY!
Despite the current global crisis with the Covid-19 pandemic, we are still keen to recruit committed, first rate applicants looking to pursue a career in teaching.
We have made some significant modifications to our interview process to adapt to the current situation. Interviews will take place ONLINE via webcam for the foreseeable future.
The selection process:
You will need to make your application for Teacher Training through UCAS. Please use the link below to find out more about this process.
From your application, potential trainees will be selected for interview and will be informed via email and via UCAS of their interview date.
The interview process during the current COVID-19 pandemic will consist of the following:
- Online interview lasting up to 1 hour with representatives from the training provider (Mid Somerset Consortium for Secondary and Bath Spa University for Primary) and The Teaching School.
- A literacy and numeracy task
Trainees are also required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service form, once the position has been offered.
The selection criteria:
- You must have a first or second-class UK University degree, or equivalent overseas degree.
- You must have at least a grade C in GCSE English and Mathematics for secondary teaching and for primary you will also need a C grade in GCSE Science.
- You must complete a numeracy and literacy task in order to assess your level
- You will be able to demonstrate a strong desire to work with young people and dedication to improving their futures.
- You will have a commitment to the highest quality of education for all.
- 50% of your degree must be in the subject in which you wish to train to teach.